Monday, October 11, 2010

Costumers Picnic


The ACT Costumers Guild picnic at Lanyon House, Canberra. Just a quick little get together to see the homestead and to wear our gear.

I am wearing my bright blue 1873 Polonaise, with walking skirt. It was not that hard to make. I plan to add in detachable lower sleeves and a detachable bodice for my neck line. I only had a hunk of lightweight cotton fabric to protect myself from the sun. I hate getting sunburnt on my chest. Yuck.

Once I've made a proper Victorian corset it will all hang much more smoothly and beautifully. Corsets are so awesome. Really!! 


Sharon and Karin.


My The Searchers pose. 

4 comments:

littlemisspip said...

Wow what great outfits. This looks like a really fun day. Thanks for sharing!

LMP

Lissy said...

Wow - again - you are clever clever clever!!

P.S. I've been meaning to send you a message. The kids & I were watching a show called "60 minute makeover" (I know, can you believe it?) & they were doing up some rooms in a guys flat - he lived in an old school building in the UK - they put in a rock climbing wall AND a firemans pole. It was awesome & I thought of you straight away!!!!!!

Love your October blog you arty farty you!

The Creative Beast said...

hello! i found you through Tinniegirl's blogtoberfest and the self-portrait challenge and i love your costume! I've worked in costumes in the Los Angeles area for many years which is why I haven't had the opportunity to make such a beautiful costume as yours for myself though i've wanted to...your costume is motivating me to make one now!

Karin said...

Hi Creative Beast, go for it! It's so much fun! I want to wear mine all the time. Sometimes I get the hankering to walk down to the grocery store in it, parasol and all. LOL

That must be a really cool job. I'd love to do something like that. I've done some costuming work in the past for theatres (very minimally) but nothing big. I worked in NYC with a children's wear designer which was fun.

Lissy, I would SO love to add those components to our new house. You do know that we are building a house! Not right this minute but in 2012!